Thursday, September 13, 2007

A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down

I am so glad I took Claire with me to the doctor today. She ended up getting medicine and the doctor said we may need to get a chest x-ray. He did say that he didn't jump to that first because he knew that we had not met our deductible yet. (Thank you.)

I am glad that I found a good doctor in Oxford. A person from our church works there, too. She saw how much I weigh and didn't even laugh when I said I was going to break her scale. She is in my inner circle now.

I got a shot, which Claire could not stand to watch, and now I expect to be getting all better. Singing has been painful for over a week. I have got to quit abusing my voice.

Anyway....I know that is boring. So much has happened this week, most good, some not so good. This morning Benjamin came in and we discovered that he was quietly crying. Walden, his new little beta had passed on. Jacob was shocked to learn that some fish float to the bottom instead of the top of the tank.

I think everyone feels so much for Benjamin because we know how much he loves his little things. He picked the smallest fish in the store. I am thinking Charlotte's Web all over again. That is just who he is. Loves those underdogs. Matt says that he was just like that. I believe it. He is so sentimental sometimes.

Tomorrow night we have a night off of thinking about football games. The band isn't going with the football team. Matthew wants to go on a date to the movies. I think we may let him with us there, too. I mean he is 15. He is OK with that. We will have to be good, though, and not embarrass him. I wish there was something decent on. Mr. Bean isn't on in Oxford. There are only movies with lots of bad language and sex. What do you do? A few weeks ago, he and his friends went to Applebee's because of this.
I feel like we are caving in now just so he can go. We should drive to Collierville to see Mr. Bean. I wish we had a bus.

Revival starts Sunday at church. I am excited to see what God is going to do, although He doesn't need a revival service to do anything. Sometimes I think it is just the occasion that gets new people to church that haven't been before. Anyway, I have heard that the preacher is great. The Save-a-Life banquet is tonight at First Baptist Oxford. I am not sure if I am going or not. I feel so run-down. Matthew is serving and has to dress up. :)

Well, better go give Claire her medicine. She sounds like a seal. My shot is making me sleepy and Candy Land is calling me. Claire has been setting it up as I have been typing. Take care, and have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

YouTube Videos