Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life.....



















It is so amazing how many emotions we humans can feel and how many different situations we can be a part of. I like the scene in Parenthood where the grandma talks about liking the roller coaster as opposed to the merry-go-round. She liked the ups and downs. I guess I do. I sure like the ups. :) But I know we are supposed to be thankful for the middles and the downs, too. Compared to so many, I can't even say that I have downs, but in my world, they seem real sometimes.

Our choir (Potts Camp High School) sang last night at the jr. high beauty pageant. It was the first time for some of them. I was proud of them, but I see their potential and am not going to be satisfied with where they are now. I am going to have to push them harder. Everyone who knows me knows that this is the challenge of my life. For me to be tough is like asking a big-time football coach to be soft and tender. I have been compared to the equivalent of a grandma, Pillsbury Dough Lady, anything else that is soft and cuddly. This is good for mothering, but not so good when you are striving for excellence. At least I haven't found the happy medium yet.

Matthew is frustrated with the freshmen in his band. It is ironic that my choir is the same with our freshmen here. I am having to kind of take up for them so they will not totally convict them and discourage them. They do need a wake up (they are not the only ones) but they are a part of us and I don't want them feeling totally unwanted in our choir. Anyway, enough about that.

This week what Creflo Dollar has been preaching on has really hit home. He has been talking about growing as a Christian. I think sometimes I think I am further along than I really am. I hear him after Joyce Meyer. It was good teaching. He is going to be in Memphis next weekend. May have to go.

We started drama Sunday night and it was great. One of our kids there was so psyched about it. There is one area going really well. :)

Yesterday was Mamaw's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mamaw. Claire is talking about hers coming up later this month. She only wants to take a limo ride to Build-a-Bear Workshop and I forgot what else. There was something else, though. :) We'll have to do a little planning on that.

This weekend is Matthew's band contest in Grenada. I am excited about taking the family down for that. We are going to see some old friends who have moved there, too. Should be fun! Then, Monday is Fall Break. Oh yeah!

Happy Wednesday!

Here is another thought:

John 14:27 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation


27Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

No comments:

YouTube Videos