Saturday, May 19, 2007

I feel like I have been hit by a truck





This has been an emotional day. The choir sang at graduation, but I wasn't sure who was actually going to show up. There had been rumors about several wanting to skip because their dresses were hot, etc. (many other excuses).

I talked to many girls before today about being here. I have learned so much this year. I have learned that it doesn't matter what you do for students, some are still going to treat you like dirt. I am glad I have learned this and now am not going to take it personally as much. I am going to have more concrete expectations like...if you don't come to a concert, you don't get credit for this class, etc.

Would you believe that it has to come to that? I didn't, but I do now. I think the girls want to do right, I think they just had not had experiences that encouraged them to do something just because it felt good to be excellent at something. Just show up, because you have the honor of singing at an event, etc. I pray that I will pass a little of this on to the girls.

I think some this year have gotten the picture. We are having our choir banquet Tuesday night. It will be interesting to see who actually shows up. Again...I know that is sad....but I will not be surprised at anything anymore.

I am so looking forward to this summer. Can't wait to go to Jackson....see some friends I haven't seen in a long time. Be with Mamaw and Nana. Go to Alabama to see GG....go to Mashulaville to see Grandma and Grandpa.....sing in Nathan and Mindy's wedding....plan a trip to an aquarium, or go to the beach, etc. Be at home....unpack, hang pictures........I can't wait.

I asked Matt if we could please go do something fun tonight. I want to take the kids to Tupelo or Collierville to see Meet the Robinsons. It looks like such a cute movie.

Well, God bless you all. When I was driving to Potts Camp, I felt like Jesus spoke to me and said that the way I was feeling...wanting to do something good for my girls when they didn't know they needed it, and didn't want it....was a hint of how he felt when He was taking on our sin on the cross. We didn't want it...He did it anyway. We spit in His face....He loved us anyway.
Wow! If it takes me teaching and going through this a tiny bit to stay in touch with what He did for me...I would not trade it for anything.

These people at the top make it all a little better....when I see them at the end of the day.

Take care,
Laurie

No comments:

YouTube Videos