Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The End of School


Ok, I know the end of school is probably what I talk about most, but I guess it is almost all-consuming when you are a teacher. This year has taught me so much. I am very proud of a lot that has gone on. I am in a very rewarding job. My heart has grown a few sizes and has added a lot of new friends. The kids I teach at school have stolen my heart.

I am glad that I am going to be at the same school this next year. I am starting with a whole new group of kids which will be interesting, challenging, etc. I am listening to our first Spring concert. I am moved by the way the girls sound. Even where I hear bad vowels, wrong pitches...I can hear different voices coming through and I just think of them as my own kids. I am trying to think about what I can do to inspire them to work really hard for next year. The have come a long way.

One of my elementary kids broke my heart today when she told me that she has loved everything we have done this year...that this was the first year they had had music, etc. It made me so proud. Coincidentally, she just happens to be the one that won the music award. That might be why she loves music so much...or she won because she loves music...(was it the chicken or the egg) Ok, I am sorry for the goobiness.

Tomorrow is awards day and Nana is here to see the boys get awards. I love when things are different. A change from the daily grind. The kids get out of school at 1:00 everyday after Monday. So, I won't even have school at the high school. Am I sad or am I glad? Hmmmm......

A little of both.

I wonder how many we will have at the high school banquet. I am kind of in denial about all I have to do to get ready for it. Wow! Vote on awards....buy happies.....order food.....decorate....make CDs.....Ahhhhhhhh.....:)
Anyway, you all take care.

No comments:

YouTube Videos