Monday, May 7, 2007

Concert tomorrow night

Well, our high school choir concert is tomorrow night and I am feeling so low tonight. I feel very hurt by the actions of a few students. I am sad that the commitment to our choir is not a very high priority to them. Another teacher told me to say the serenity prayer and let it go. I wish I didn't feel things so deeply. I guess there is a lot going on right now. Kids are so busy with so many other things going on. I haven't had all choir girls together much at all in the last few weeks. It isn't easy to get a concert together when this is how it is.

I really need to remember how great I have it. I have a job....4 healthy children ...a husband...my health. This issue is really small in the grand scheme of things. I am still hurt, though. I am just not a very strong person when it comes to emotions. They get the best of me sometimes.

The scripture yesterday on my blog was, I think, about thanking God in all things...praying continuously, etc. I am going to just do that even if I feel like having a poor me pity party. I am so thankful that God loves us even when we aren't perfect. I am such an example of that because right now my attitude is far from perfect. I don't like feeling bitter and I am ready to get on with life and get over all of this.

Thank you, God, that you are with me even when I feel so unworthy.

No comments:

YouTube Videos