Saturday, May 23, 2009

Keeping my cool

Well, I'm not doing this so well. No, really, I am OK but so many unknowns right now are really making me make myself give our lives to God over and over and over. Every time I want to worry, I just tell myself to snap out of it and then I tell God thank you for being so constant and my protector and provider and just basically everything to me. He is so good, there is never any reason to worry.

I know that is all so vague.

I have 3 more days of school. The kids are at Mamaw's for the weekend having a good time. They may stay for Memorial Day, or we may go down and join them for a cook-out.

I have been listening to so many good sermons online lately. Andy Stanley at Northpoint just finished a series on "Staying in Love". It is so good. I highly recommend it. :)

Well, I am going to stop being a slug and get out into the real world and off of this computer.
Blessings to you....

2 comments:

Kris Williams said...

ya know Laurie, we all have times when we are "down" in spite of the obvious blessings in our lives. You know how to battle it...constantly remind yourself of God's goodness. Remember how He has brought you through the storm in the past.
I appreciate your willingness to admit that you don't always have it all together and that you don't always have all the answers. So many times when I have struggled, you have been there to pull me up, kick me inthe pants and remind me Who it is I serve.
Remember Who it is that you serve and Who is in control.HE knows the answers and He wrote your story.
I love ya!
K

Laurie said...

Thanks, Kris, for reminding me. I don't doubt who is in control. I just have to remind my body. You know when you are about to sing and you are ready for it, but your body still takes over and you have butterflies in your stomach? That is how it is. I totally know He is in control. It will be great either way, it is just the waiting that kills me. Just like everyone. :)
Thanks again, friend, for your encouragement!
Love you,
Laurie

YouTube Videos