Wednesday, January 28, 2009

School's out...poor, sad, children

Well, I am at home today. I have almost never wished for anything so hard. I know it was a selfish wish/prayer. (I think I didn't think this was worthy of a prayer this morning when I was hoping for it.) It just meant that I wanted to be a slug today no matter what.

I strained my neck and my blurry eyes to see our small TV screen in our room to see if my district would be closed today. Finally right before 6 AM it came across the screen. Marshall County Schools......closed today. "Yee Haw!" is what went through my mind....and "thank you, Lord."

I love my job. I really do. There is just something about staying in your pj's and being a slug sometimes that is very enticing.

I can almost see the faces of my students. I know they were overjoyed when they got the news that we were out today.

Well, I hope you all are having a blessed week.

1 comment:

Diane Duda said...

Who doesn't wish for a snow day once in a while?!?

I thought you might be interested to know that I have an article in the Spring 2009 issue of Artful Blogging and that they used a picture of your Winona Wish FAiry in the article. :) Tell her she's famous. ;)
xo
Di

YouTube Videos