Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We take our health for granted so much

I am realizing how much we often take our health for granted. I have been "sick" since about two weeks ago. First, I thought it was just a chest cold or allergies. I just know I have had a fever and couldn't breathe. I think I am getting better, but I have gotten a little down about it because I have just felt a little puny. I have to stop and think about what it would really be like if I had a real illness or disease. How would I cope? I think about God only giving us what He thinks we can handle. What does this mean for me? Does He think I can't handle very much? I guess He knows me pretty well. Maybe we adapt when we have to. I guess I have more on my plate to handle now than when I was a lot younger.

I am feeling better today and I am grateful.

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We are traveling tonight to Mom's where I will see two of my brothers. Friday we are heading to Mashulaville to see Matt's grandparents. Should be great. We hate that it is so tough for us to get away to see all of them during the school year.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week. We have so much to be thankful for.

I decided to not be a real woman and leave the whole pumpkins alone and chose to use canned pumpkin instead for my pies. I am even going to do the no-bake thing where I use Cool-whip instead of baking a big cheesecake. I know..........I am a wimp. :)

No comments:

YouTube Videos