Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Long time no see

Hi there. I can't believe I have neglected my friendly blog. Well, here I am. Things are going fine here. Matt and I are heavily into school and getting our music planned for the year, ordering music, setting performances, etc.

His kids are going to get to sing "The Preamble" from America Rocks during the presidential debate that is coming to Oxford. I can't wait. That was my major influence musically growing up. I loved those groovy songs.

My kids are getting ready for a fall festival. Several of them are singing for the kiddie pageant that day and then the whole choir is singing later that day. Should be fun.

We had a great time Labor Day with Mom, Mamaw, Chris and the kids at Cossar State Park. Mamaw rented two cabins for three nights. The kids got to fish, swim, play disc golf, putt-putt golf and make lots of s'mores. It was awesome. We celebrated Benny's 11th birthday there. I think I overheard him saying that it was the best ever. Thanks, Mamaw, for getting the cabins. We also had some massive Rook games with Mom and Uncle Chris. Matt and Chris against Mom and me. My first night I had a streak going, but it fizzled out night 2. I think I just started going nuts and bidding whatever just to get the pot. Needless to say we lost.....by about 500 points. We were laughing our heads off, though.

Matthew's youth director gave him tickets to the Ole Miss game this weekend. Matthew has to work so I'm not sure who is going.

Claire starts gymnastics this week. I think the Olympics have inspired her.

I am just randomly writing off the top of my head. I converted our website the other day because I can't get Frontpage to open my website anymore. Not sure why. I have to say that the company's software is so much better. Check it out. jonesrestoration.com

Well, I hope that you all have a very blessed week. Please pray about the elections. Sheeeesh. I know God is in control, but I pray that America doesn't get what we deserve. I pray for God to have mercy on us. If you know what I mean. I think any of my friends reading this understand perfectly.

Take care,
Laurie

No comments:

YouTube Videos