Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Grace of God

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society




If I weren't a believer and haven't really lived this verse very much lately, I would think that it sounds pretty strange. I am so thankful that we have a heavenly Father that is there to battle for us. I just need to be smart and know that and look to Him before doing or saying anything stupid to those I love. This is so hard to remember when you are in the heat of an argument. The enemy would so love for my family to fall apart. By the grace of God, that is not going to happen if I have anything to do with it.

This year has been kind of tough. Matt and I have really been trying to put first things first, but it seems like we are always chasing something. I need to remember to just be still and know that God is God and He is in control. I know this makes no sense for people who don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, but it makes complete sense to those who do. This is the peace that keeps a family together in these times. That makes it possible to forgive each other. To love each other even when the other (or you, yourself...or me, myself) is being a turd. (I can't believe I said turd on the internet.)

Thank you, God for not giving me what I deserve and for giving me what I so don't deserve.

I love you!!! As for my people....I love them too. Because you have given me this kind of love. Unconditional love. Even though I may be mad now. I am thankful that God offers me forgiveness.

Thank you, God, for helping us get up one more time than we fall down.

OK....now you are probably wondering what is going on in our family. We're good. We're just like you...we need prayer.

Take care,

No comments:

YouTube Videos