Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Holidays at last.....

Saturday morning. I thought this was going to be a much crazier week than it has actually been.

Last weekend was filled with Oxford Civic Chorus practices, parties and then concert. The concert was great. So much fun to sing with that big group and then the ensemble. What a thrill to be singing under the direction of an awesome conductor. My college professor is our conductor now. I have never seen another like him.

Sunday, at church before the concert, the staff was honored by the church at the end of the service. It was so nice. They gave us a nice gift certificate to Chili's which we enjoyed this week. After the concert, Matt rushed back to church for children's choir. He was still wearing his tux. :) He led worship at church in his tux. I matched him on the first pew by wearing my long black skirt and black top. :) I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you have no time.

The week became more exciting when one of my students stole the SIM card out of my phone. We attempted to get some info, but in the end I just cut off my phone and went on. I guess I learned my lesson. (I hope.) I don't want to be totally distrusting of all of my students, but I am a little more careful now. I did see where I am eligible for a new phone with a 2 year contract. So, I guess in a way this student has made me upgrade to a nicer phone for myself. I may even get one with a camera. What he/she meant for bad has turned out good for me. Reminds me of a story I know.....mine is to a much lesser degree, though. I mean, how important are cell phones? Not very.

The turkeys were supposed to come on Wednesday, but the truck broke down. They came on Thursday. There was only one mistake with people getting what they ordered. A smoked turkey was missing and a sweet person agreed to take a Cajun turkey instead. I was so happy that they were not upset about it. So, all meat is given and most money is in. Yea! We made about $800 with one student making about $200 of that profit. We only had a few selling this year, so maybe more will sell next year. The meats are great, so maybe it will catch on and people will make us a tradition of where they get their Thanksgiving turkeys/hams. :)

I am so excited about seeing my family. It has been so long since we got to go home to our moms'. I hope I can keep from thinking about Christmas programs, casting speaking parts, etc. off of my mind to enjoy our time together.

After the OCC concert at the Powerhouse in Oxford on the 27th, Matt and I are singing at the Senior Banquet at church the 29th. I am so excited about singing Christmas music again. It always makes it great, too, when you are singing for some of the sweetest people in the world.

I wish that we could have recorded again this year, but other things took priority. We are needing a new computer really before we can do any of that. This one has been very faithful to us. Well....as faithful as any computer. It didn't blow up or anything. It is time, though, to move on to a younger cutie. Matt is recording a friend's church choir soon, and he really needs the computer soon so he can actually give his friend a CD instead of just having the audio on his recorder.

I am listening to Matt's mix of Nora Jones and Allison Krauss and Robert Plant. It is really interesting. I love Nora Jones' voice and style. The Allison and Robert is very eclectic. I think I like it, though.

I am rambling now, so I will end this post. Oh, have I mentioned how incredible beautiful the leaves have been this year? My breath is almost taken away and I almost wreck because I am staring at them as I drive to and home from school. Just FYI. God sure makes some beautiful things.

If I don't post again this week, have a great Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

emilayusof said...

Hi Laurie! Found you through an incoming links in technorati -thank you for appreciating my art!

I love the maple leaves picture! You took great photo!

YouTube Videos