Friday, November 9, 2007

Curls galore

This week has been wild. Monday, I stayed home from OCC practice (with our concert this weekend) because of a sinus infection. Tuesday, we went to a choral director's workshop. It was really good. I just ate it up, being that I have so much to learn about being a choir director.

Wednesday, things were in gear for Matthew's surprise party at church. Matthew's youth director wanted everyone to have their hair like Matthew's in his honor. I looked on the Internet and found some wigs that were pretty close to his hair. His was not quite so curly, but it was similar.

They were Napoleon Dynamite wigs. While the kids were in youth we decorated downstairs. When youth group was over, the kids came down and put on their wigs. When he came down he was almost surprised. He kind of heard some people say...."He's coming, he's coming!"

It was a good night. I kind of forgot how wild it might get. The younger kids had just come out of their Bible drill classes and came running into the gym. When they saw the wigs, etc., they went nuts. That is one thing I will change the next time we have a 16th surprise birthday party for Matthew. Not to have the younger kids around the whole time. We love them, but some times the youth need their own thing.

Last night, Matt and I had another OCC practice getting ready for Sunday. Matt's choir sings in the morning at the Ole Miss Choral Festival, and then we have another practice then party with the OCC people. I guess I should just not be so surprised when we have a lot going on. Get used to it. Don't complain. Just do it. Sunday afternoon, concert, Sunday night, drama practice with the youth, Wednesday, turkeys coming in.......

Nana and I saw a great movie tonight. It is called "Dan in Real Life". Steve Carell is great in it.
It is also pretty wholesome. There where a couple of tricky places that you may call inappropriate, but I loved it. I told Matt that it was probably a chic movie because I would have felt very guilty about going to see a Steve Carell movie without him unless it was going to maybe be something he wouldn't like. Well, I may have to go see it with him. Not a movie only for chics.

Matthew is on a trip to Shannon tonight. Lafayette played them in the play-offs tonight. Haven't heard how it came out. It probably just ended. May have to call Matthew on his cell phone (this was his present). We added him to our plan. We, however, aren't cool parents who add unlimited texting to our plan. We remind him that every text he makes is $.10. This afternoon he texted me about missing my earlier call. I called him back and asked why he didn't just call me to tell me that he was sorry he missed my call. Help!

I hope we get to spend some good family time together tomorrow. I feel like I haven't seen my kids in so long. Funny thing is, when they are home and I am home, they still play outside for so long, that I have to make them come in for us to have family time. Punishment. You must spend time with your parents. Grrrrr......

Please pray for me Wednesday. The turkeys, etc. are going to be delivered and I need to make sure that right orders go to the right people, etc. I also have to deal with the money aspect of it, which is not my forte.

I have a good friend who left teaching after school started for different reasons. She is a great Christian friend of mine who now prays so much for us teachers because she knows the trenches we are in everyday. Please pray for us that we will be witnesses and not lose our tempers, etc. Please pray that we will make a difference with our students. Being in the public school, I get so concerned for our young people. Things have changed so much since I was in school. My kids didn't know "My Country Tis' Of Thee" and many had no clue about Christmas. It breaks my heart that I can't tell them the truth. Anyway....I know that was a little random. I guess I was on the thought of school.

Have a great weekend.

Numbers 6:24-26
24 The LORD bless you
and keep you;

25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

No comments:

YouTube Videos